- Contestants must be a current JAKES or regular member of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 16 and 20 years of age on the day of the GNCC contest.
- A $100 entry fee is required with registration.
- The Intermediate Division competition will be held Friday, February 16, 2024, in the Governor's Ballroom immediately following the Junior Division contest.
- There will be a mandatory preparation meeting and roll call beginning at 4 p.m. in the Governor’s Ballroom at the front of the stage for all Intermediate contestants.
- The contestants will be judged on a minimum of four (4) calls.
- The calls will be selected from among the following: plain yelp of the hen, cutting of excited hen, adult hen assembly call, fly-down cackle, kee kee run, cluck and purr, yelp of excited hen and tree call.
- Callers will perform a medley of calls.
- Calls will be posted in front of the calling contest stage at 5 p.m. the day before the contest.
- There will be a one-minute per-set of calls time limit for each contestant.The clock will begin on the first note of the first call and stop on the acknowledgment of the caller that they are finished with their medley of calls.
- The NWTF reserves the right to use a clock showing the time remaining. A 3-point penalty will be added to the final score of any contestant going over the time limit.
- Judges will score on a 1-20 scale, with 20 as the highest score possible.
- Scorers will calculate each judge’s score after each caller finishes.
- The highest and lowest scores from the seven (7) judges will be discarded.
- The five (5) remaining scores will be calculated for a final score.
- Prize money will be 80% of the entry fees collected for the division and distributed to the five (5) highest-scoring contestants. Trophies will be awarded to the top five finishing contestants.