- Contestants must be a current JAKES member of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- Contestants must be between 11 and 15 years of age on the day of the contest.
- There is no entry fee for this division.
- The Junior Division competition will be held Friday, February 16, 2024, immediately following the Poult Division contest, which begins at 4:30 p.m.
- There will be a mandatory prep meeting and roll call beginning at 4 p.m. in the Governor’s Ballroom at the front of the stage for all Junior Division contestants.
- The contestants will be judged on a minimum of four (4) calls.
- The calls will be selected from among the following: plain yelp of the hen, cutting of excited hen, adult hen assembly call, fly-down cackle, kee kee run, cluck and purr, the yelp of an excited hen and tree call.
- The caller may be asked to do a medley of calls at a judge's discretion.
- Calls will be drawn and posted in front of the calling contest stage at 5 p.m. the day before the contest.
- There will be a one-minute per-call time limit for each contestant.The clock will begin on the first note of the first call and stop on the acknowledgment of the caller that they are finished with their series of calls.
- The NWTF reserves the right to use a clock showing the time remaining. A 3-point penalty will be added to the final score of any contestant going over the time limit.
- Judges will score on a 1-20 scale, with 20 as the highest score possible.
- Scorers will calculate each judge’s score after each caller finishes.
- The highest and lowest scores from the seven (7) judges will be discarded.
- The five (5) remaining scores will be calculated for a final score.
- Prize money will be: 1st place $150, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $75, 4th place $50 and 5th place $25. Trophies will be awarded to the top five finishing contestants.