Purpose of the Scholarship
The purpose of the NWTF Dr. James Earl Kennamer Academic Scholarship Program is to recognize and reward an NWTF member, who is currently a senior in high school, for their outstanding academic achievement, community involvement and leadership roles. The National Scholarship Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship sponsored by Mossy Oak.
- Students should be graduating seniors with a 3.0 on 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average. (If transcript indicates a scale other than 4.0, student should have a minimum of 3.75 on a 5.0 scale, 4.5/6.0 scale, 5.25/7.0 scale, 6.0/8.0 scale, 6.75/9.0 scale or a 7.5/10.0 scale). Students must upload copies of transcripts for review. Finalist GPA and transcripts will be verified.
- Students must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University).
- Students must actively participate in hunting, support the conservation of the wild turkey and the preservation of our hunting heritage. A copy of current hunting license is required.
- Students must hold a current NWTF membership and upload a copy of their membership card. If you are not a current member of NWTF, visit www.nwtf.org or call (800) THE-NWTF to join. Include a copy of your online receipt or ask our membership department for an ID number to include with your application for membership verification purposes.
- Students must be involved in school extra-curricular activities (i.e. FFA, Ecology Club, Science Club, Beta Club, Student Council, etc.).
- Students must demonstrate leadership among his or her peers.
- Students must demonstrate community leadership and/or involvement (i.e. 4-H, civic group or club, scouting, volunteer work).
Students must upload an essay (400 word limit) exhibiting dedication to conservation and preserving our hunting heritage. Essay must include:
- why you will be a good investment if you are awarded this conservation scholarship
- any experiences and background that demonstrate your dedication to conservation and the preservation of our hunting heritage
- why hunting is important to you and/or your family
- Students must upload two letters of recommendation (from teachers, counselors, community or clergy - do not include relatives)
- Employees and National board members of the NWTF and their family members are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Students must apply on the official online NWTF scholarship application form by the deadline set for their state. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, students must have ALL documents available for upload before beginning the application process. No paper applications will be accepted.
- The national scholarship committee will select the National winner by April 1, 2023.
- Winners may not be notified until their high school awards banquet.
- The national winner will be asked to attend the NWTF National Convention the following year to be recognized.
For assistance please contact email@example.com